Today Headlines, 21 Feb 2023: UPI, the simplest mode of digital payment in India, has now become a global brand. Now you can make UPI payments in Singapore as well.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das and Managing Director of Monetary Authority of Singapore Ravi Menon will launch it on Tuesday in the presence of the Prime Ministers of both the countries. Let us know what are the special news today…
today's special news
- Cross border connectivity between Singapore's Pay Now and India's UPI will be launched on February 21. PM Modi and Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong will witness the moment.
- Italian PM Giorgia Meloni will visit Ukraine on 21 February. He will meet Ukrainian President Voldomir Zelensky. During this, military aid package may be announced.
- BJP President JP Nadda will be on Karnataka tour on 21 February. He will hold a party meeting here for possible elections in April-May.
- The 12th board exams in Maharashtra are starting from 21st February. This exam will run till March 21. From March 2, the examinations of class 10 will also start.
- UGC NET February 2023 Phase One exam will be held from 21 February to 24 districts. This exam will be for 57 subjects.
- The budget session of the Odisha Legislative Assembly begins on February 21. House Speaker Bikram Keshari Arukha has made a consensus in the all-party meeting to run the session smoothly.
- Assembly Speaker Kultar Singh Sandhwa has called a meeting on February 21 for a permanent solution to reduce the price of medicines in Punjab. Cabinet ministers, legislators and experts have been called in this.
History of today
Today's history is related to Kumbh. The Mahakumbh, which takes place after every 12 years, is recorded as the world's largest human gathering. The first Mahakumbh of Sahasrabadi (thousand years) was concluded on 21 February 2001. The Kumbh Mela of India has been recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization UNESCO as the world's largest peaceful human gathering.
Read also: Bihar Politics: Sushil Modi's big attack on Nitish Kumar after Upendra Kushwaha left JDU, said this